Monday, September 7, 2009

365.2 When the whole world fits in your hands...

Things that have happened since I last posted:

1. I gave birth at home to a beautiful baby girl.

2. I learned what it feels like to have your heart live outside of your body.

3. I lactated through my scrubs at work and had to walk around with a big wet spot on my boob for several hours--let's face it, the strategically placed name badge wasn't fooling anyone.

4. I have completed not a single knitting project.

5. I have become completely fascinated with the French Revolution after reading a biography of Marie Antoinette.

6. I survived a deep and debilitating depression that reduced my life to fractured and scattered pieces.

7. I found the strength to begin to put the pieces back together, and began to build something much stronger, more enduring, and beautiful than I had before.

8. I cried a lot, and listened to my baby cry a lot. Sometimes we cried together.

9. I've developed a whole new appreciation for sleep.

10. I became a mother (something which, while resembling #1 on the list, is not the same thing at all).

2 comments:

Susan said...

What a beautiful picture. Congratulations and welcome back. I hope things are better for you now.

Heidi Walter said...

These blog entries remind me of you. I know, how ironic, right? It is you after all writing them. But life has us in two very different places, geographically, and yet we share a very familiar space in life. I knew you. Once. And I loved you. We lived together and you changed my life... In silly ways and profound ways, in musical ways and expressive ways. These entries bring you back to me and it is so refreshing. Like finding something I misplaced. You're different, but not. You are Rosie. Your dad calls you that, and I remember you let me call you that too.
Thanks for letting me plug into your life again.
Love love love,
Heidi