Last night my twin nemeses, Anxiety and Insomnia were up to their old vile tricks. I did not get to sleep until nearly three in the morning, but on the bright side, I scored 276,000 points playing Bejeweled Blitz on my iPhone. Hooray.
Of course, just to be completely ornery, the girl woke up exceptionally early and couldn't be nursed back to sleep. I turned on Disney Playhouse and let her watch it in bed so I could sleep for another half hour. Another hooray for my stellar parenting skills.
Oh, and guess what else? The garbage men did not pick up our garbage today, for some inexplicable reason. Even though everyone else's garbage on our street was collected. Plus, raccoons got into it, and scattered garbage all around in front of our house. This put my husband in an excellent mood as well. Everyone say it with me: "hooray".
We all piled into the car (the girl and I still in our PJs) and went to the hardware store to buy a trashcan so that we can have a place to put our garbage for the next week. Luckily, the hardware store is right next to this little coffeehouse where my husband and I used to get a particular type of hazelnut-flavored coffee when we were in college 10 years ago. When my husband got back to the car with the trashcan, he also had two steaming paper cups of hazelnut-flavored coffee with lots of cream and sugar. Oh, it tasted like life before marriage and kids. It tasted like long drives along the coast, and conversations that took place while sitting on the tailgate of an old blue pickup, watching the ocean. It tasted like the sound of Alice in Chains' Jar of Flies album, and most of all it tasted of the sweet and endlessly open opportunities of an ambitious 20-year-old. It was good. And, to be honest, a little too sugary.
Friday, June 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Garbage man sucks.
Post a Comment